Welcome to the Living Fuel Forums.
Header

Living Fuel Forums » General Questions and Answers » Replacing every meal with Living Fuel

tcat left
Replacing every meal with Living Fuel
vBmenu Seperating Image Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 10-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Medic

Default Replacing every meal with Living Fuel

I apologize if this question is redundant ...

I am a 33yo Male, 6'1 and 220lbs (about 25 lbs over weight), no medical history, activity: from couch potato to strenuous backpacking

If I replaced all my meals with 3 full servings of living fuel then

1) Can I live on this product alone and still be active

2) how long can/should I do this?

3) eventually what nutrients am I missing other than the omega 3?

4) what level of activity can I still do (gym workouts, backpacking for weeks)

5) what adverse warning signs should I look for?

6) ...what else should I know?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation
Default Living Fuel Fast Q&A

Hi Medic and thanks for your question!

Please take some time to read the Getting Started information on the FUEL Fast and the 7 Day Challenge at www.livingfuel.com. Answers to your questions are below.

If I replaced all my meals with 3 full servings of Living Fuel then

1) Can I live on this product alone and still be active?

-Yes, LivingFuel was designed to sustain life indefinitely. However, we strongly recommend you also take our SuperEssentials Omega.

2) how long can/should I do this?

-as long as you choose

3) eventually what nutrients am I missing other than the omega 3?

-The combination of LivingFuel Super Smoothies and SuperEssentials contain virtually every known nutrient for your foundational nutritional needs. Some people, including myself, like the addition of 1-2 scoops of our LivingProtein and others like to add coconut milk, almonds or other good fats to their LF Smoothie. These additions extend the time before hunger sets in. Based on your age and good health this should provide all you need.

4) what level of activity can I still do (gym workouts, backpacking for weeks)

-you can continue your normal workout schedule and may find the addition of LivingProtein and coconut milk to be beneficial.

5) what adverse warning signs should I look for?

-unless you are allergic or intolerant to something in the FUEL you should feel better than usual with the possibility of a day or so after a few days, on the FUEL Fast, of some detox symptoms (just not feeling as well for a day or two followed by feeling great).

6) ...what else should I know?‬‪ ‬‬

-you may have questions along the way so please let us know and we will answer you right away.

Enjoy!

Living Fuel
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Medic

Smile good lookout

Thank you for the speedy reply. I took your suggestion and read those 2 links as well. I have never tried the Super Greens or the Super Essential Omega 3 but I'll take you advice and incorporate them.

I have heard of many different daily protein needs, should I go with the 1 gram of protein for every kilogram of Ideal body weight? Then add more depending of my level of activity?

I am about to go on a week long backpacking trip at the beginning of November. I love the fact that the Superfoods are lightweight and compact. If I mix the super green, super berry, and living protein in the same air tight container and then store them for a month, will it cause an unwanted interaction or reduce the potency somehow? My backpacking buddies think I'm nuts for replacing our regular food for this product.
....your fast response has created a monster, there is no telling what question will suddenly ricochet around my head

FYI:

I work as a paramedic on an offshore drilling rig. The food is catered and free out here so it may seem ridiculous to bring your own. The only consideration out here is taste . But it's terrible unless you're only into sweets and deep fried everything. We have more problems with HTN, MI's, and diabetic emergencies than with injuries. Even though these men are extremely fit and work long and hard every day. I began using this product to replace the meals that looked unbearable. But now "unbearable" is happening a lot more frequently. After a year, I gained 20 lbs at the rate of about 1.5 lbs per 3 week tour.

Thanks Again
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Administrator

Default Living Fuel Fast

Medic - Thank you for the speedy reply. I took your suggestion and read those 2 links as well. I have never tried the Super Greens or the Super Essential Omega 3 but I'll take you advice and incorporate them.

I have heard of many different daily protein needs, should I go with the 1 gram of protein for every kilogram of Ideal body weight? Then add more depending of my level of activity?

Living Fuel - For the kind of physical demands you describe I would suggest between .75g and 1g of protein per pound of body weight per day. This level is also ideal for gaining muscle and losing weight.

Medic - I am about to go on a week long backpacking trip at the beginning of November. I love the fact that the Superfoods are lightweight and compact. If I mix the super green, super berry, and living protein in the same air tight container and then store them for a month, will it cause an unwanted interaction or reduce the potency somehow?

Living Fuel - As long as it is dry powder there will be no interaction. FUEL powder stores well for a long time. I travel by mixing all 3 powders into a Tupperware guzler bottle with a pop top to pour the powder into a water bottle, shaker cup or blender.

Medic - My backpacking buddies think I'm nuts for replacing our regular food for this product. ....

Living Fuel - A team of organic chefs could not make a more nutritious meal than a LivingFuel Super Smoothie.

Medic - your fast response has created a monster, there is no telling what question will suddenly ricochet around my head

Living Fuel - We are here for you when you think of more questions.

Medic - FYI:I work as a paramedic on an offshore drilling rig. The food is catered and free out here so it may seem ridiculous to bring your own. The only consideration out here is taste . But it's terrible unless you're only into sweets and deep fried everything. We have more problems with HTN, MI's, and diabetic emergencies than with injuries.

Living Fuel - It would be awesome if you could get the workers on fish oil. It could reduce the risk of MI's and help the diabetics. Would love to get the diabetics on the FUEL!

Medic - Even though these men are extremely fit and work long and hard every day. I began using this product to replace the meals that looked unbearable. But now "unbearable" is happening a lot more frequently. After a year, I gained 20 lbs at the rate of about 1.5 lbs per 3 week tour.

Living Fuel - You are well on your way to getting back in shape. Another option would be to have a scoop of FUEL before a meal and that will help you cover your nutritional needs and make better dinner choices.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Medic

Default Price Breakdown

So far this is the math I've work out

20 days of 3 SF meals/day = 60 superfood full servings of Super Berry/Green = 5 cans Super Berry/Green

220 lbs man's daily protein needs = 220 grams /day
200 gm - 82 gm (3 SF meals) = 138 gm missing = 7 Living Protein full servings
7 protein serving/day for 20 days = 140 servings= 7 cans of Protein

200 lbs = 8 Super Essential Omega per day
8 x 20 days = 160 capsules = 1 1/3 bottles of Omega

Approximately ................
(5 cans of SF) + (7 cans of Protein) + (Omega) = $400 + $280 + $55 = $735 for 20 days of complete nutrition, about $36 a day or over $1,000/month.......

Does Living Fuel have some sort of volume discount?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Administrator

Default Response to Price Breakdown

Hi, Medic! Thanks for posting your question about the price breakdown for the Fuel Fast. Here's another way at looking at the cost of going on a 20-day Fuel Fast:

20 days of 3 superfood meals/day = 60 superfood full servings of SuperBerry/SuperGreens = 5 cans SuperBerry/Greens.

On a complete FUEL fast you can use a scoop-and-a-half servings (3/4 SB + 3/4 SG + 1 scoop of Living Protein - this saves 1.5 scoops of FUEL per day or 30 scoops for 20 days - more than 1 full canister of FUEL = 4 canisters of FUEL).

220 lbs man's daily protein needs = 220 grams /day-- 200 gm - 82 gm (3 SF meals) = 138 gm missing = 7 Living Protein full servings 7 protein servings/day for 20 days = 140 servings = 7 cans of Protein- 200 lbs = 8

One gram per pound is the high side of the range that an active athlete might need. The ideal range for most people is generally thought to be from 1g per kilo - 1g per pound. Most people don't get enough quality protein. Would suggest between 100g-150g per day. 1.5 scoops of FUEL plus 1.5 scoops of LP = +/- 30g protein X 3 = 90g. Suggest you add 1 or 2 additional scoops of LP per meal = 10 - 20g extra. Total LP per 20 Days 7.5- 10.5 scoops per day X 20 Days = 150 - 200 scoops of LP or 75-100 servings 20 servings = 4-5 canisters of LP.

Super Essential Omega per day - 8 x 20 days = 160 capsules = 1 1/3 bottles of Omega. Correct

Approximately ................ (5 cans of SF) + (7 cans of Protein) + (Omega) = $400 + $280 + $55 = $735 for 20 days of complete nutrition, about $36 a day or more than $1,000/month.......

4 cans of FUEL approx $300
5 cans of LP. approx $200
1 1/3 SEO. approx $ 50

** Minus normal costs of 20 days worth of foods and supplements, including all restaurant foods and all beverage expense including specialty coffees, etc. Typical expense - approximate average between $15-$30 per day = $300-$600 per 20 Days average

Total FUEL Fast expense - $550
Minus food and beverage expense - $300-$600

Net Cost of FUEL Fast for 20 Days - $250 net cost to -$100 savings.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
S_Mulji

Hi, I have been researching your product extensively for the past month & so far I am quite impressed with the amount of detail gone into producing your products. I definitely am planning to do the Living Fuel Fast as outlined on your website but I have a couple of questions hopefully you can help me with.

I have done a lot of research on other types of 7-day liquid fasts which require taking a fiber-based colon cleanser.

1. How does your Living Fuel Fast compare to these fasts?

2. I realize your fast results in one getting a lot of nutritional content due to your product but how well does it help "clean" the colon?

Thanx & God Bless,

Shameer Mulji.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Administrator

Hi Shameer! Thanks for your questions.

1. How does your Living Fuel Fast compare to these fasts?

We know of no other fast that gives your body everything it needs and do not believe there is anything quite like a FUEL Fast.

No fiber-based colon cleanser is required because Living Fuel contains more fiber per serving than 2 bowls of oatmeal.

2. I realize your fast results in one getting a lot of nutritional content due to your product but how well does it help "clean" the colon?

Tremendously well.

Thanks for writing!

Living Fuel
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
S_Mulji

Default Snacking while on Living Fuel Fast

Hi,

I just have a couple more questions regarding the Living Fuel Fast.

1. I've ordered enough of the Super Berry canisters to do a 7-day 3-meal a day fast. Your website states it's okay to have either nuts, organic vegetables or a CocoChia bar in case one gets hungry. Would you have these snacks with the meals or in between meals as a snack? FYI, I plan on mixing a quarter cup of coconut milk with every meal to get good fats as well.

2. After doing a 7-day fast, what's the safest & healthiest way to break a fast? Is it okay to start eating regular food right after doing a fast?

Thanks & God Bless,

Shameer Mulji.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Administrator

Default Re: Replacing every meal with Living Fuel

I just have a couple more questions regarding the Living Fuel Fast.

1. I've ordered enough of the Super Berry canisters to do a 7-day 3-meal a day fast. Your website states it's okay to have either nuts, organic vegetables or a CocoChia bar in case one gets hungry. Would you have these snacks with the meals or in between meals as a snack? FYI, I plan on mixing a quarter cup of coconut milk with every meal to get good fats as well.

(LF) It's important to learn to FUEL yourself for 4-6 hours (with the goal being 6 hours) without eating anything additional or drinking caloric drinks in between meals. This allows your endecrine system to work as designed. This sometimes requires training so we recommend you eat a little more than you think you need (like a cocochia bar or nuts) within one hour of begining a meal. NOTE: You do not have to have the same meal spacing between breakfast and lunch as you do between lunch and dinner (i.e. 4 hours between breakfast and lunch and 6 hours between lunch and dinner).

2. After doing a 7-day fast, what's the safest & healthiest way to break a fast? Is it okay to start eating regular food right after doing a fast?

(LF) We recommend you end your fast by starting the habits you want continue starting with a Living Fuel breakfast and eating smart at other meals. Remember food is fun so it is ok to splurge (within reason) from time to time but get right back on your routine as quickly as possible thereafter.

Thanks & God Bless,

Shameer Mulji.

(LF) Thank you for your questions about the Living Fuel Fast!